HookMag - Heavy Duty Magnetic Hooks Set with Scratch-Proof Magnet Caps
Not Just Strong. Scary Strong.
HookMag™ is a versatile and heavy-duty magnetic hook set. Clean up the clutter with this unobtrusive and high-powered storage solution.
- Now includes scratch-proof magnet caps so you can use them on your more delicate surfaces without worry of metal-on-metal scratching (new fridge, perhaps?).
- Hang your kitchen and grilling utensils and make some much-needed drawer space.
- Mount frequently-used or hard-to-store tools on the outside of your toolbox.
- Have extra hanging hooks inside and outside your locker.
- They work great on steel door frames, steel cabinets, shelves, and whiteboards.
- Ultimately useful when traveling. A godsend when you need extra hanging space in your hotel room, cruise ship cabin, RV, and camper.
Monster Magnetics® Hook Magnets are attractive, minimalist, and super-powerful. Clean up the clutter and get organized with this simple and affordable solution.
Have you ever shopped for strong magnets at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc? If you have, you'll know that the selection is horrendous. Then when you get them home, they're weak and cheap and don't work for what you need.
Our magnet hooks are premium quality and Scary Strong - ready to tackle anything from hanging a coat or wet towel on your hotel room doorframe to hanging your purse in your locker or under a table, to mounting a large wrench or an extension cord on your toolbox.
Weak magnets aren't the only problem...
Most hook magnet sets come as-is, with only one hook type. What if the included hook doesn't work for what you need? Do you need to purchase another set just to get what you need, or go through the hassle of the returns process?
We've solved this problem. HookMag™ includes 2 hook types - "cup hooks" and "J hooks". Both are suitable for vertical (wall) or horizontal (ceiling) mounting. Screw in the hook you need and carry on!
- Materials: Magnet Pot & Hardware: Steel; Magnet: Neodymium; Scratch-Proof Magnet Caps: Rubber
- Magnetic Pull Force: 25 pounds*
- Dimensions: 1-Inch (magnet diameter)
- Do not allow children to handle Neodymium magnets.
- Carefully test the pulling force in your actual application.
- Strong magnets can pinch the skin. Handle with care.
- Use the appropriate personal protective equipment when handling.
- Magnetic force can affect certain medical devices.
- More Information: Neodymium Magnet Safety
Care And Maintenance
- Do not leave your magnets mounted on your grill if storing outdoors. Treat the magnets the same as you treat your grill utensils - store them indoors.
- Do not use magnets on the HOT parts of the grill (e.g. firebox and lid) as extreme heat will demagnetize the neodymium.
- Use the scratch-proof magnetic caps to prevent metal-on-metal marking/scratching on delicate surfaces.
- Clean the magnets with a soft cloth dampened with warm soapy water. Air dry. Do not use chemicals, abrasives, or submerge in water.
- Coat your magnets, hooks, and other hardware with WD-40® or silicone lubricant to repel moisture.
*Magnetic Pull Force
The 25-pound magnetic force rating is based on laboratory evaluation with test equipment. Due to uncontrollable variables, this rating does not represent how much weight the magnets will hold when attached to a surface.
In real-world applications, this would equate to direct-pull on a flat, bare 0.5-inch thick iron surface. Paint, texture, rust, rough surfaces, other coatings, and certain environmental conditions can significantly degrade the magnetic pull force.
A plant hanging from a hook magnet attached to a steel ceiling would be an example of "direct-pull". Attached to a vertical surface, "shear force" is roughly 2/3 less than direct pull force. The thickness and content of the steel and the friction of the finish have an effect on the magnetic pulling force.
MagCap™ Rubber Scratch-Proof Caps Use Considerations
Use of the scratch-proof rubber magnet caps will protect your mounting surface but will downgrade the pulling power of the magnet. Depending on where you mount it, you may or may not be able to hang heavier items (it depends on the iron content, thickness, finish, etc). For example, magnets will stick to a steel I-beam much stronger than thin metal (e.g. a refrigerator door).
This is typically fine for most metal surfaces (e.g. non-stainless steel refrigerators, toolbox, safe, whiteboard, etc) but not recommended for fine delicate surfaces (new refrigerator, perhaps?). With these delicate surfaces, we highly recommend that you use the rubber magnetic caps to prevent scratching/marring of the surface.
Not All Stainless Is Created Equal
Speaking of refrigerators, some stainless steel is ferrous, some is not. Test this with any type of magnet. If it doesn't stick, there's not enough iron content in the stainless steel to produce a magnetic pull. In this case, you can still use the sides of the refrigerator, which are usually all steel, depending on the make/model.
HookMag™ Set Includes:
✅ 4x Scary Strong Magnet Bases (with M4 female threading)
✅ 4x "Cup" Hooks (with M4 male threading)
✅ 4x "J" Hooks (with M4 male threading)
✅ 2x Scratch-Proof Magnet Caps
This is my 2nd order of these magnets. Love them.
Work great on our grill to hang the tools
The scratch cap is a bit tricky to get on, but...the magnet is excellent. I hang my keys from one & my umbrella from another. I want to find uses for the rest of them. I love them!
These work great on our grill to hold the grilling tools. No problem with them sliding or not holding. Very strong!